Monday, February 8, 2010

I'm back! And it's about time too!



Firstly, a big thank you to all my dear bear and human friends for enquiring so kindly as to my whereabouts these past few months.
The explanation for my absence is very simple - if disgraceful: the humans I am forced to share living accommodation with have been hogging the computer almost non-stop, thus denying your own faithful Orso from getting his thoughts out to you.
.
However, I haven't been wasting my time during this period of enforced idleness. On the contrary, I have been studying to become a detective, and am now, even if I do say so myself, the greatest bear detective in the entire world.
I have just completed my first case - a most puzzling affair indeed entitled The Mystery of the Billion Pound Note, and I have been keeping a full textual and photographic record of its every perplexing moment.
So watch this space for the first episode of Orso Bear, Detective - coming soon!
.
In the meantime, here's another of those ...
.
Amusing Bears in the News!
.
This is one of my favourites from last year - here's the full story:
.
Bear walks into store, goes straight for beer cooler
By Associated Press
Posted: Oct. 17, 2009
. Hayward — Grocery shoppers in Hayward got an unexpected surprise when a 125-pound black bear wandered inside and headed straight for the beer cooler.
The bear made his stop Thursday night at Marketplace Foods in Hayward, walking through the automatic doors and heading straight into the liquor department.
The bear calmly climbed up 12 feet onto a shelf in the beer cooler where it sat for about an hour while employees helped evacuate customers and summoned wildlife officials.

.
Well I'm sure you'll agree that things have come to a pretty pass when a bear can't get himself a beer or two at the end of a long and tiring day without somebody summoning "wildlife officials" - whatever they are.
To think of him having to get into the cooler and serve himself, too! And why make it so difficult to find? If you follow the link here and look at the gallery of photos from the shop's security cameras you'll see that the poor chap had to wander up and down the poorly-labelled aisles for ages before he found what he was looking for.
And where were the friendly staff to help him?
No wonder bears are such a rare sight in most of our shopping centres.
As it happens, I have relatives in Hayward and they told me that Colin, the bear in question, is rather enjoying his local celebrity status, and has even been approached by a major beer company with the offer of a sponsorship deal. For now, though, he simply intends to sit back under his favourite tree with a case of beer and take it easy. Quite right too, I say.
.




.

.





Brought to you by Orso's News Service

9 comments:

Marlowe said...

I feel sorry for the bear in the grocery store. All he wanted was something to drink!

Miss Sandra said...

Welcome back dear Orso! Tis always wonderful to read your latest adventures. As for that poor bear in the liquor department...one cannot find good service nowadays. Sheesh!
All the best..and do stop by for tea soon.
hugs,
Miss Sandra

Sally Ann and Andy said...

I'm so glad you are back. I will Charlie and Taddy to come say hello to you.
Sally Ann

Buttons the Bear said...

Orso,
Thanks for the email this morning, it was great to hear from you. So glad to see you are back. I understand about humans too busy to share their computers. Can't wait to read of your great detective skills.
Buttons

Anonymous said...

Companies House Webcheck
Webcheck Companies House
Company House Webcheck
Companies House Webcheck Service

[url=http://perosnalbinking.v3host.be/companies-house-webcheck.html]companies house webcheck[/url]

Orso Bear, Esq said...

Marlowe -
Yes, it was a shame, but he's asked me to tell you that he's fine now, and the shop in question have been very kind once they realised their mistake. They gave him a case of beer and a free jar of honey.

Miss Sandra -
Lovely to hear from you too! Don't forget to keep an eye for my first exciting detective case, and do let me know if you have any puzzling mysteries that need solving by a detective bear.

Mack & Sally Ann -
Thanks for stopping by; lovely to hear from you! It's wonderful to get reaquainted with all my old friends after so long away!

Buttons -
My pleasure, old chap. Yes, humans can be very annoying at times, but we have to humour them, I suppose.

Anonymous -
Excellent. I love word games. Here's one I've done, let me know what you think:

Big Grizzly Bears
Growly Grizzly Bears
Grizzly Growly Bear
Grizzly Bears that Growl

[url=htp//growlybears.grrr!][orso bear is the best at solving mysteries[//url]

How's that?
Great fun. Now what do I do next?

Unknown said...

I like your photos.

Bumpkin Hill said...

oh I missed your posts. Can't wait to hear all of your detective news! That Bear must have been a thirsty boy, I'd invite him over for a Beer :) Hugs, Catherine x

Orso Bear, Esq said...

Thank you, Dean. I take them myself using a timer device.

Catherine,
Lovely to hear from you again, my dear! Let me know if you have any cases that need solving!