Saturday, June 20, 2009

Me displaying valour


Hello.

I thought that my first post should be of an especially high standard, so as to get the whole shebang off in high style.

Rest assured, all of my posts will of course be exceptionally fine.
But of all the great things I have done, this remains one of the most impressive, so I thought I would share it with you first.

I'm thinking of the occasion on which I parachuted from the roof of my local church in aid of charity.

It was extremely brave of me, and everyone who saw it was incredibly inspired, both by my bravery and by the unflustered style with which I pulled off what is in fact an extremely dangerous stunt.

This is me being lifted up the side of the church in a basket before the daring jump. Those are my feet that you can see sticking out.

A side-view. Please note that the string you can see is purely to lift the basket. When doing the actual jump I used no wires, nets or protection of any kind. Just sheer bravery.

With just seconds to go, it is at this point that some bears find their courage is not equal to the task and change their mind. I did not.

And away I go. Until you've done it, you cannot know the excitement.

I know this looks like I'm walking up the exterior of the church, but in fact this is another thrilling action shot of the descent. I just decided to come down in this incredibly stylish way because I was so calm and collected I was able to come up with clever ideas like this while actually in mid-air.

Finally, this is me looking as pleased as Punch, as well I might, holding my Certificate of Valour. The dictionary defines valour as "strength of mind or spirit that enables somebody to encounter danger with firmness and personal bravery", so the word was particularly well chosen in this instance.

Thank you for enjoying my first post, and do please come again.

Mr Orso Bear, Esq.

4 comments:

Orso Bear, Esq said...

Even though I wrote this post, it seems so very excellent to me that I had to leave a comment saying how good it is.
Sincerely,
Mr Orso Bear, esq.

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

WOW! Anuther brayve Bear! An also an Esq.! Hullo!!!
I wish I cud go parrashooting too!
Come an see my blog!
I carnt post at the moment. Blogger won't let me. I rekkon they may be on to my spy staytus.

:@}

Orso Bear, Esq said...

Hello Robert,
Sorry to hear you are not able to post at the moment, but I have very much enjoyed the selction of items you have presented thus far.
Your very good health, sir.
Sincerely,
Mr Orso Bear, esq.

Anonymous said...

New York City: all it needs is your teddy bear.
Furry Friends Tours specializes in tours for teddy bears. We offer the ultimate in luxurious, culture-filled getaways for your stuffed animals. Your teddy will keep you up-to-date on his exiting adventures; he'll send you postcards of his journeys in the Big Apple. Afterwards, he'll return to you relaxed and happy, with a whole digital picture album of his vacation and a souvenir!

Find the tour that's perfect for your furry friend. Whether you want to give him a nice walk around Central Park, or send her to see the the theaters on Broadway, or perhaps eat some dumplings in Chinatown, we have a tour that will provide an irreplaceable and amazing experience.

http://www.furryfriendstours.com